The July FARM club newsletter is now on-line!
- Gordon Collyer, the CMB club Training Coordinator, has put together an article on converting an LT-40 to an electric power system. Gordon has even provided excellent photos of each step. You really don't want to miss this article! You can find it at here or in our Articles & Reviews section under LT-40 Electric Conversion.
- Bill Towne, CD for the Float FLY/FARM Picnic provided this summary for the event: "Folks, Once again the FARM Volunteers put on a great Float Fly at Lake Richie, thanks to mother nature holding off storm Cindy. We had 32 pilots with water craft from VA and surrounding states and served over 70 lunches. Special thanks to the early volunteers setting up the tables and chairs and the cooks : Dan Jones, Steve Horvath, Ernie Padgette, and Paul Beck. Also thanks to our hard working Kitchen staff: Cheryl and Dave Rothbart, Margaret and Keith Crabill, Judy Sutton, Ernie Padgette and Carolyn Beck. ( and oh yeah! The FARM club ladies delivered some great homemade salads, berries and deserts.) And we can't forget our tireless Rescue boat captain Ralph Graul, our chief negotiator with Hobby Hanger for our raffle prizes Charlie Koustenis, and of course Nic Burhans manning the sign-in table, PA system and master of ceremonies for the raffle and 50/50. This great event (as labeled by many of the participants) wouldn't happen without the FARM Club Volunteers. Thanks to all again" - Bill Towne. Also, a great job by the Event's CD - Bill Towne !
- Hey guys, below is a picture of the clubs new windsock, courtesy of
Bill Towne and Steve Horvath. Great going, guys! Thanks.
- An updated version of the FARM Calendar is now available.
- Below is a picture of Nic at his station keeping track of all the scores at the Spring FARM Pattern Contest
that was held on May 19 - 21st at the club field.
- The new 2017 Mowing Schedule can be found here (Courtesy of Bill Towne). You can also find the schedule by clicking on MOWING SCHED.
- On Saturday, March 25th, the "Motley Crew" took advantage of the good weather to do the 'Spring Maintenance' on the tractors/mowers. It
looks like they had plenty of help (including John Gilbert who is not pictured). Thanks to all for the hard work, guys!
- Pictures from the Combined FARM/CMB Christmas Party can be found here (Courtesy of Nic Burhans). You can also find them by clicking on Photo Album and looking for Combined FARM/CMB Christmas Party.
- Club Members: If you are interested in the mobile version of our website, then check out the Mobile Website link at the left for details on your options (including a FARM Club app).
- Be sure to check out the Area Events and Fun Fly schedules!
- See you at the field...