- The FARM club Application and Renewal forms for 2024 are now available.
- Check out Bob Burnett's Extreme Flight 50cc 540T Edge that's for sale!
- The following pictures recount the thrills and chills of launching a sailboat at the breezy FARM Club Charity Fall Float Fly. The 1st picture shows Jack C. and his pristine sailboat. The 2nd shows Jack and his hook to try and find his sunken boat. The 3rd shows Jack and Ralph trolling without success. The 4th shows a grateful Jack having recovered his sailboat from the deep! (photos courtesy of Dave Rothbart)
- From Nic B: The FARM Club held their first of two 2023 Float Fly charity events in Bealeton, Virginia on 17 June.
Twenty-two stalwart junior and senior AMA members participants braved sunshine, smoke haze, and 15-18 mph winds to proudly pilot their float planes, amphibians, speed boats, tug boats, and scale destroyers on and from Lake Ritchie.
The scale USS John S. McCain (DDG-56) Arliegh Burk-class destroyer braved the, at times, scale sea state 3 conditions for several forays on the lake.
While the McCain was on one of its missions, FARM’s recovery boat Captain, Ralph Graul, took time out to fly his float plane to scout for the McCain.
All in all, it was a successful day for pilots, boat Captains, and the Fauquier County Community Food Bank.
- Jay Z has worked with the FARM club merchandise seller and we now have a new dedicated Club Merchandise site. We can even pay online! Check it out! (thanks, Jay)
- FARM Club Day & Fun Fly #2 was held on Sunday May 7th at the club field with a strong turn out of members. CD was Dave Rothbart
- We now have Farm Club stickers available for sale on a per order basis. Use the Club Merchandise page to check them out!. If you need more detailed info, contact Jay Z. directly.
- Well, it's that time of year, again! The FARM 'Mowing Crew' is preparing our mowers and equipment for the onslaught of the 2023 grass growing season. The boys tuned up the Scag in preparation for another season of mowing. Many thanks to Ralph, Charlie and Paul. Not in the picture (but providing moral support), is Dave. Lunch provided by Nic.
- All FARM Club members: Spring is here and just the right time to get some new club merchandise. Perhaps a couple of new tee shirts or a new club hat! We always want to look our best at the field! Club member Jay Zompanti (Jay Z) is ready and waiting to receive the new orders. Click on over to the Club Merchandise page and see what strikes your fancy!
- From Nic B: Ralph G. mowed and rolled the field this morning (before the wind picked up)! The field looks great and ready for flying! Thanks, Ralph!
- The FARM Charity Float Fly info for 2023 is available here. Charity Floatfly#1 is June 17th, and Charity Floatfly #2 is September 30th, so mark your calendars!
- From Nic B: After submitting our annual report for 2022, AMA has again designated FARM Club as a Gold Leader Club for 2023.
- The new FARM Mowing Schedule for 2023 is now available.
- The following pictures are of students from Thomas Jefferson High School UAV club preparing their plane for another test flight by Don S on Saturday, 29 January 2023. For more complete info on the club, and it's activities, checkout this additional info.
- The new FARM board for 2023 is available on the Contacts page.
- The new FARM 2023 Calendar is now available.
- Well, Farm Club member, Paul L., commences the new crasher season in style. Our 2021,2022 Crasher award winner has kicked off the 2023 season with a huge splash. Go Paul!
- We now have Club Merchandise for sale on a per order basis. Club member Jay Zompanti (Jay Z) has put in a tremendous amount of work getting the artwork and business arrangements in place for this all to happen. If you need more detailed info, contact Jay directly.
- The FARM club Application and Renewal forms for 2023 are now available.
- Bill Towne has put up more items from John Gilbert's estate sale. There are new items almost daily! Check out the ForSale / Wanted section of the website for more details. Items are going fast!
- From Dave R: Sunday, Oct 30th, was a fantastic (if not one of the last) great flying days this year! (photo courtesy of Dave Rothbart)
- Jay Z has written a detailed article for all of you intrepid firmware upgraders. Jay's article details upgrading and/or resetting the firmware in your Spektrum receivers.
- Notice to all flyers: A binding incident happened at the CMB field. Everyone should read this (and Gordon's October Newsletter report) as some newer receivers from some companies have the capability of using remote/satellite receivers. As this incident demonstrates, multiple concurrent bindings are possible. As such, someone elses transmitter may take control of your aircraft: in the air or on the ground, leading to disastrous results. This document presents the full details.
- The 2022 FARM Fall Charity Float Fly was held on Saturday, 3 September, at Lake Ritchie in Bealeton, Virginia! What a beautiful day! Below, are 2 pictures from the float fly (photos courtesy of Dave Rothbart):
- If you weren't at the FARM Club Charity Float Fly event on Saturday, June 25th, you missed a great day of float flying! Regardless of whether you were there or not, Ralph G.has provided us with a stroll thru the event for your viewing pleasure! Thanks, Ralph!
- Thomas Jefferson High School UAV Flight Readiness Review Update:
Thanks for the support to all from NVRC, FARM club and LCAA for the support of this team. It has become a multi-club endeavor. I am really blown away by the professionalism and attitude of these young team members!
Here is a video documenting their aircraft which they intend to fly in the national (college level) UAS competition next week in St. Mary's airport in MD.
TJ UAV Flight Readiness Review - AUVSI SUAS 2022 - YouTube
More information on the 2022-AUVSI-SUAS-Competition
Wish them the best!
- The following pictures are of Dave Rothbart, Nic Burhans, and Don Szczur working with students from Thomas Jefferson High School in the final stages of their contest project's construction/assembly and first flight by Don S. on Saturday, 16 April 2022. For more complete info on the club, and it's activities, checkout this additional info.
- See you at the field...