The next Club Meeting will be held on February 28th at 7:00pm via ZOOM.
The January FARM club newsletter is now on-line!
- The new FARM Mowing Schedule for 2023 is now available.
- The following pictures are of students from Thomas Jefferson High School UAV club preparing their plane for another test flight by Don S on Saturday, 29 January 2023. For more complete info on the club, and it's activities, checkout this additional info.
- The new FARM board for 2023 is available on the Contacts page.
- The new FARM 2023 Calendar is now available.
- Well, Farm Club member, Paul L., commences the new crasher season in style. Our 2021,2022 Crasher award winner has kicked off the 2023 season with a huge splash. Go Paul!
- We now have Club Merchandise for sale on a per order basis. Club member Jay Zompanti (Jay Z) has put in a tremendous amount of work getting the artwork and business arrangements in place for this all to happen. Use the Club Merchandise page if you are considering acquiring a sweatshirt, t-shirt, coffee mugs, water tumblers, and hats. If you need more detailed info, contact Jay directly.
- The FARM club Application and Renewal forms for 2023 are now available.
- Bill Towne has put up more items from John Gilbert's estate sale. There are new items almost daily! Check out the ForSale / Wanted section of the website for more details. Items are going fast!
- From Dave R: Sunday, Oct 30th, was a fantastic (if not one of the last) great flying days this year! (photo courtesy of Dave Rothbart)
- Jay Z has written a detailed article for all of you intrepid firmware upgraders. Jay's article details upgrading and/or resetting the firmware in your Spektrum receivers.
- Notice to all flyers: A binding incident happened at the CMB field. Everyone should read this (and Gordon's October Newsletter report) as some newer receivers from some companies have the capability of using remote/satellite receivers. As this incident demonstrates, multiple concurrent bindings are possible. As such, someone elses transmitter may take control of your aircraft: in the air or on the ground, leading to disastrous results. This document presents the full details.
- The 2022 FARM Fall Charity Float Fly was held on Saturday, 3 September, at Lake Ritchie in Bealeton, Virginia! What a beautiful day! Below, are 2 pictures from the float fly (photos courtesy of Dave Rothbart):
- If you weren't at the FARM Club Charity Float Fly event on Saturday, June 25th, you missed a great day of float flying! Regardless of whether you were there or not, Ralph G.has provided us with a stroll thru the event for your viewing pleasure! Thanks, Ralph!
- Thomas Jefferson High School UAV Flight Readiness Review Update:
Thanks for the support to all from NVRC, FARM club and LCAA for the support of this team. It has become a multi-club endeavor. I am really blown away by the professionalism and attitude of these young team members!
Here is a video documenting their aircraft which they intend to fly in the national (college level) UAS competition next week in St. Mary's airport in MD.
TJ UAV Flight Readiness Review - AUVSI SUAS 2022 - YouTube
More information on the 2022-AUVSI-SUAS-Competition
Wish them the best!
- The following pictures are of Dave Rothbart, Nic Burhans, and Don Szczur working with students from Thomas Jefferson High School in the final stages of their contest project's construction/assembly and first flight by Don S. on Saturday, 16 April 2022. For more complete info on the club, and it's activities, checkout this additional info.
- Well, it's that time of year, again! The FARM 'Mowing Crew' is preparing our mowers and equipment for the onslaught of the 2022 grass growing season. Gene, Ernie, Paul, Nic, and Charlie in picture. Missing from photo are Ralph and Dave.
- See you at the field...