The November FARM club newsletter is now on-line!
UPDATED: Dan Jones is having a "hanger sale". Check out the For Sale items!
An updated copy of the FARM Club Members 2014 Application Form and Renewal Form are available on the website. Reminder: Its AMA and FARM Club 2014 membership renewal time. Thank you for renewing early.
The Fauquier Aero Recreation Modelers Club hosted its annual Fall Float Fly on 5 October 2013 at Lake Ritchie in Fauquier County, Virginia.
- 57 pilots from VA, MD, DC, PA, and NC participated in the all day event.
- 36 plus family, friends, and drop-ins also watched the day's operations.
- All enjoyed the quiet, unobstructed, and spacious layout of private Lake Ritchie and its pavilion.
- Ralph Graul again provided "FARM Rescue" for all shapes and forms of boats and aircraft that had problems with the environment.
- A bar-b-q lunch was provided in the shaded pavilion for the 102 pilots and watchers.
- The FARM Fall Float Fly was a huge, enjoyable, success for all the participants, families, and watchers.
- Thank you again to Kwang and Bob for Hobby Hangar VA's support of our event.
FARM's Contest Director
Club Members: If you are interested in the mobile version of our website, then check out the Mobile Website link at the left for details on your options (including a FARM Club app).
Be sure to check out the 'Area Events' and 'Fun Fly' schedules!
See you at the field...
West Potomac RC Mania has been rescheduled to February 22nd at West Potomac High School. For more info, click here.
Hanover RC Flying Club's annual 2014 Swap Meet will be held on March 29, 2014 at Fairmount Christian Church @ 6502 Creighton Road, Mechanicsville, VA 23111.
Fun Fly Schedule for 2013
Fun Fly #1 was 'Cancelled due to wind conditions' on Sunday April 7th at the club field. Nic Burhans was CD for this event.
Fun Fly #2 was held on Sunday May 5th at the club field. Les Broddus was CD this event.
Fun Fly #3 was held on Sunday June 2nd at the club field. Bill Towne was CD this event.
Fun Fly #4 was held on Sunday July 7th at the club field. Nic Burhans was CD this event.
Fun Fly #5 was held on Sunday August 4th at the club field. Nic Burhans was CD this event.
Fun Fly #6 was held on Sunday September 1st at the club field. Les Broddus was CD this event.
Fun Fly #7 was be held on Sunday October 20th at the club field. Les Broddus was CD this event.
Visitors are welcome; but, since we fly on private property, we require that all flying guests be accompanied by a club member. Anyone wishing to fly must have a current AMA card in their possession.
Visit the Academy of Model Aeronautics at: www.modelaircraft.org
Comments to: webmaster (dick sutton)